Established in 1963, the firm of Peter S. Levatich, Architect was the beginning of HOLT as we know it today. This original firm grew and evolved, and as all architectural partnerships do, our name would change from time to time to reflect ownership throughout the coming years. Fast-forward to 1982 when the merger of Levatich & Hoffman, P.C. with O'Brien & Taube, Architects created the acronym of HOLT.
Today, HOLT Architects, P.C. is led by principals, Graham Gillespie, AIA, Steven Hugo, AIA, Paul Levesque II, AIA, LEED AP, A. Quay Thompson, AIA, LEED AP BD+C along with President Emeritus and Senior Advisor David Taube.
Originally located in the progressive City of Ithaca in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York, our main branch offices are housed in the historic 1916 Crescent Theater building. Purchased in 1985, our design for the adaptive reuse of this neglected downtown structure for modern office space preserves significant elements of the building's original exterior and interior. In order to provide more services for our central New York clients, in 2012 we purchased a second location in Downtown Syracuse, just off the historic Armory Square. This office allows us to retain key Syracuse-native employees, grow and integrate the Syracuse team's urban design influences with our Ithaca team, and be a part of the community in which our clients live and work.
While each of the principals assumes an active role with clients and takes a formal lead on individual projects, design is a cooperative effort that draws from the strengths of architects, interior designers, and other staff specialists, who work in close collaboration with our clients and consultants.
Today, we continue to evolve in our processes and in response to the needs of our clients, while our goal remains to create architecture with a timelessness of design and function that provides inspiration and delight to its users.