PROJECT SIZE :
20,000 gross square feet
Following strategic planning with HOLT in 2000, the Canton-Potsdam Hospital concluded that ambulatory surgery and obstetric services were critical to its future and a new building addition to house them was needed. A new 4-story 20,000 gsf addition was laminated onto the front face of the existing 1931 brick hospital to create a new public face on main street. Spacious suites for obstetrics on the top floor and ambulatory surgery below include private patient rooms with family amenities and ample natural light. Adjacent ORs were updated as well. Extensive oak paneling, indirect lighting, soft color palette, and coordinated fabrics create a warm inviting environment for patients, staff and visitors alike. In addition a new concave drop-off entrance canopy conceals back-of-the-house wings and forms a welcome pedestrian focal point around a new garden facing the main parking lot. Behind the curved façade is the new main gift shop. Together the two brick and limestone additions successfully rebrand the existing hospital giving it a fresh public image for the future. The construction was phased to permit 100% continuous hospital operation.
For more information about this project contact Graham L. Gillespie, AIA: email@example.com
Previous Project Next Project